Wednesday 5 October 2011

Skirting Around

I am quiet enjoying my time off from the working world. Trying my hands at little little things that i had completely stopped doing. Today i wore a skirt after 11 years. It was just one of those random things for the day. I was tired of being in the same old Jeans, T-shirt, Shorts, etc. So a red skirt that my mom had gifted me two years ago suddenly seemed to peep out of nowhere and there it was on me.

What i didn't realise was that my personality has been so defined by my "Pandey Style" clothing sense that while it definitely makes me stand out in the crowd, but the crowd also is then always surprised the moment i am in my girly avatar and i guess churidaar - kurta's and salwar - suits itself got me so many looks in office and amongst friends that i pretty much knew what the reaction of people would be today when nobody after my friends in school have ever seen me in a skirt. Thankfully pleasant comments came my way and of course the funniest reaction came from my husband who looked shocked but impressed at the same time with the new look which he didn't think i ever was capable of and he out of all people has never ever seen in me in this avatar in the last few years that we have known each other.

All in all i didn't feel awkward by the end of it. I felt good and felt like sometimes it's good to get out of your comfort zone and just experiment, if nothing it just creates some new excitement in your daily life :)


2 comments:

Rohini said...

Its always good to try a change :)
Would be pleasantly surprised to see you in a skirt too!

Tanaya said...

he he.. i know.. but just the thought of gazillion comments and attracting attention i just avoid drastic clothing changes.. cuz by the end of the day it seems like having gone through a rigorous task of entertaining people and their comments..