Saturday 9 December 2006

Rubbish!!!!!


Just thought will list down a series of rubbish that I don’t seem to be able to avoid -

Himesh Reshamiya - God can someone please kill him. Everyday since last one year almost I have been hoping that someday he will be wiped out of the system (and I will call it a system as I cannot call what he makes music, its utter crappp). But he seems to never end. I just saw his new song today Tanhahiyan!! Lord give us some tanhayi so we can find ourselves away from his rubbishhhh. It’s the same old sound just ringing in our heads all the time. Can u make out the difference? cuz I definitely can’t.

Aishwarya Rai – uggggghhhhh. Man as u can see the length of that uggh you just know how I abhore her. Plastic, sad , nonsense I mean I can just tear my hair off, that’s how much I can’t stand her. Maybe its my personal bias. Yes though I loved Hum dil de chuke sanam and her in it and think it to be the only movie where she probably did act. Otherwise she has been a disaster from start to end including the great Oprah Winfrey show. The less said the better.

Abhisekh Bacchan – The lastest AmEx ad. “dad did u just hear that, they just called me Big B” The whole parivar thing is overdone and beyond my tolerance, Think that his whole dad and mum I respect u shit is a little too over board. He is looking more and more worn down day by day, be It the Big Fm campaign or Dhoom 2. The Great marriage union between him and the lady above is something I would like to watch.

Simi Garewal – True Blue star. Ha Ha, Oh! My god , it must have completely taken an emotional toll on you, muah muah, awwwww…. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh once again. Ha Ha semi Girebal is probably the best thing that MTV has done and I remember someone telling me that the TRP’s of that show are higher than the original show as both are telecast at the same time.

Shahrukh Khan – Can’t stand him in plain simple words though must say that I watch every johar and chopra film even though I come out pulling my hair off late atleast. I am a DDLJ and KKHH and DTPH fan, but those were the three movies where my love and association with this man ended as he got more and more commercial and became a rutt. Don’t think there has been a movie in the recent times that has really made me say wow shahrukh, Yup Swadesh was a change maybe because his character felt more relatable and human in the movie and I did not see the superstar that peeps out of any character he does, does not matter what character he plays it just becomes shahrukh khan in the story and not that character which is extremely boring beyond a point.

Ekta Kapoor – THE LESS SAID THE BETTER. Have thought of this as a separate post I want to talk in. He He.

Technology – No end to it and we have stopped living our lives. Be it the cell phone or the television actually specifically these 2.

Multiplexes – Even though I worked for a multiplex brand I don’t think I have really ever been able to associate with the concept because I am a movie buff and to me being able to watch the maximum number of movies is what matters. Experiential businesses that multiplexes are, do not attract me because I just feel its unnecessary wastage of insane amount of money for me. When in college I could watch 5 movies a week, Rs 50 being the average rate per movie, now that darling Sterling has gone down (MISS IT :) ) and also with the INOX’s and The METRO ADLABS (my baby) taking a birth, cant seem to be able to watch any movie at a lesser cost. Pockets can’t afford so much. Now I spend 200 bucks on one movie and I used to watch 4, 5 movies in that budget 2 yrs back.

OK!! I think my list can go longer but I am already fed up. Please do list the set of things or people you can’t seem to avoid as well. Would like to know that :)

7 comments:

Russell said...

why do u call all of these rubbish jsut bcoz they don`t fit in ur entertainment space.
People like Himesh, SRK n Aish, Ekta etc etc have come to fame just becoz people like u n me have listened to them and seen what they do.
So everyone has their own styles n wht u term as Rubbish and tht these people drive u up the wall are all famous becoz of ur fellow friends, family,colleagues and all those who like them.
So maybe there would be a handful who would find these Rubbish and what u feel entertaining would be rubbish to others.
So Rubbish again will differ from person to person.

Tanaya said...

yup definitely russell.. no doubt bout that and thats the reason i did specifically write that things i find rubbish and that people who do readthis post should definitely list some things they find to be rubbish.. does not necessarily have to be the same as mine but then there could be some commanalities we could celebrate.. he he.. and yes definitely the reason why these stupid people and things have survived cuz of people around us who unlike me seem to enjoy them all..:)

Unknown said...

ooooooooh most of the ppl on ur rubbish list are on my "assassinate-if-and-when-i-turn-into-an-assassin-which-i-hope-is-sooon-coz-so-manyyy-intolerable-ppl" list...so way to goooo!!!annnd abt the non-people stuff..multiplex..well somebody plzzzzzzzz donate me some money to cater to my insatiable appetite for movies..i am already mourning the foreseeable death of Regal...boohoooo..tecnology..well dont mind that..thaat much..anyway i think i shld stop writing before i am proved a raving lunatic on the world wiiiiide web...cheeeeeers!!!

Tanaya said...

ha ha i knew you would say all of this cuz i have had insane amount of arguments with you on umpteen number of things.. ha ha.. its good to have you comment on my post.. :)for once i think we are kind of agreeing to the same things.. otherwise we are always two sides of the coin.. he he

Unknown said...

since i have all the time in the world..afterthought...i wld add "our overrated human existence" to the list of rubbish..wish i was an amoeba..lol

Tanaya said...

LOL! shruti i think that shall remain a never ending argument between us :)no comments for once.. ha ha

Unknown said...

hey.. nice going.. would agree with most of the rubbish.. though tech will be debatable.. ya n would like to add the unchecked influx of so called reality shows on television now a days..